CV Joints & Boots
The constant velocity joint, or CV joint, connects your transmission to your wheels. When working properly this part ensures a smooth and constant rotation of the wheels while you are turning corners, ensuring a comfortable and safe ride.
If there are issues such as a cracked or torn boot or not enough high pressure grease, then the CV joint can fail. Symptoms include poor handling around corners, vibrating or an audible clicking sound whilst cornering.
Contact us at the first sign of trouble because repairing a torn boot and refilling the grease is a relatively cheap and easy procedure but if you leave it you could end up with a failed joint which needs to be replaced. We are located in Northmead and serve many customers in the surrounding areas as well.
Why Work with Us?
- Exceptional Care: As a part of the Repco Authorised Network of mechanics we have all the latest diagnostic equipment to keep your car running at optimal performance
- Peace of Mind: We offer the peace of mind which comes from the Repco Nationwide Guarantee along with the friendly service which comes from dealing with a neighbourhood shop
- Education: Not only are our mechanics attending ongoing seminars and checking service bulletins, but they are always available to help our clients learn more about what is going on with their car
Our Services include, as required?
- CV Axle Half Shaft Replacement
- CV Joint Repair
- CV Boot Repair
- CV Joint Replacement
- CV Boot Replacement
- High Pressure Grease refilling (this goes in the boot)
Typical Symptoms & Causes
- Clicking sound when turning which may be caused from a loss of the high pressure grease due to a cracked boot.
- Growling when the vehicle is in motion due to a broken or loose CV joint.
- Vibrations when accelerating due to a worn joint.
For a high quality CV Joint & Boot Service at a competitive price, contact us using the links below. We are located at 4 Boundary Road and service many customers in Northmead and the surrounding areas.
Trading Hours: Open Monday to Friday 8:00AM to 6:00PM